Adventure's around the corner...
Production Support Engineer (Java)
- DepartmentProduct Development and Operations
- LocationIndia - Chennai
- Location TypeHybrid
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity with the Agile software development lifecycle
- Computer programming or software application coding skills; Java programming experience is required
- 3+ years’ experience working directly with customers or key internal partners; preference for support for a B2B software company; Property & Casualty (P&C) insurance experience preferred
- Software as a Service (SaaS) platform support and operations experience
- Experience solving problem software code and reporting progress; preference for experience with a commercial customer incident tracking or CRM like Salesforce.com (preferred)
- Experience using a software defect tracking system such as JIRA (preferred)
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Object-Oriented Programming (Java, J2EE, App servers, C#, or similar), relational databases (data modeling/SQL/Aurora/MySQL), web UI (design and development), XML, web services and application architecture
- Experience with Rich Internet Technologies (HTML5, AJAX)
- Skills to read and interpret application server thread dumps, Oracle AWR reports, DataDog monitoring and other cloud management technologies
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Read, write, and speak fluent English
- We provide 24x7 support to our customers, so there will be some work outside of your regular scheduled days/shift (including weekends) to cover after-hours production emergencies, on-call work, and deployments with compensatory time off.
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills, ability to think critically and display an aptitude for problem solving
- Employ sound business judgment when making business decisions
- Use creative and innovative ways to solve problems
- Display a strong work ethic and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Demonstrate strong follow-through and consistently keep commitments to customers and employees
- Ensure that each and every customer is handled with a consummately professional attitude and the highest possible level of service
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 540+ insurers in 40 countries, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.