Guidewire's Services Centre in Dublin are looking for an Architect to join their team.
What we do
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change — and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
We are privileged to serve more than 380 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire’s Services Centre was established to help meet a growing global customer demand for expertise in implementing Guidewire’s products, currently being used by customers who are household names globally. As an Architect, you will lead a team of Guidewire consultants on a specific customer project working towards its successful delivery.
The types of projects you will work on will be wide ranging, from new core/portals/data product implementations to upgrades, data migrations and reporting. As you gain Guidewire project experience there will be future opportunities for you to specialize in specific project types with the eventual goal of promotion to Senior Architect.
This role will involve extensive hands-on interaction with customer stakeholders to aid in the establishment of strong customer relationships. You will use your expertise to guide initial project decisions and provide best practice guidance on the customization of Guidewire products to meet customer requirements.
You will use your leadership skills to ensure the success of your team, ensuring that daily project targets are met while also leveraging your technical ability to provide mentoring and guidance to your team as needed.
You will also be a key member of the local leadership team in Ireland and be involved in various initiatives outside of client projects as required, including technical interviewing and involvement in internal technical initiatives like Tech Slams & Hackathons.
To be considered you should have deep experience of the following:
- Background in consulting or equivalent in a customer facing role in professional services.
- Ability to handle technical leadership tasks (Solution Design, estimating, delivery of technical training/education)
- Ability to demonstrate advanced technical skills such as OO design, development and test with proven patterns knowledge, excellent documentation composition and the ability to clearly communicate your thought process.
- JAVA, J2EE, JMS, JDBC OR C# experience – we do facilitate a technical test as part of the selection process
- Extensive exposure to a variety of source control technologies (i.e. SVN, Git, etc.)
- Software development lifecycle exposure (AGILE) preferred.
- Ability to become certified in multiple Guidewire InsuranceSuite products and develop a thorough understanding of product platform including all integration technologies.
- Leadership skills – Ability to adapt to various work settings and serve in an advisory/leadership role, managing performance of the team members on a project, provide technical project leadership and mentoring support to junior team members, acting as escalation point on each project.
- Competitive Market Salary
- LTI (Long term cash Incentive)
- FlexWork options
- Company pension contributions
- Fully funded medical insurance for you and your family
- 26 days paid annual leave
- 16 weeks paid paternity
- 26 weeks paid maternity leave
- 3 paid days volunteering and many more
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.