Guidewire Software is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer. The ideal candidate will have specific experience with designing, building and maintaining infrastructure technologies with security in mind. You would also be the Subject Matter Expert when it comes to providing guidance around security best practices in a predominantly AWS environment. This role will focus on making sure that Infrastructure (on-prem and cloud) technologies that support Guidewire’s products are up to industry standards of Information Security.
1. Partner with teams across the organization (infrastructure, application engineering, data analytics, etc.) to ensure the security, availability and resilience of our infrastructure
2. Prior experience working closely with product and DevOps Engineers and/or SRE's on security requirements. Experience with DevOps environments and AWS security controls is a strong plus
3. Architecture, configuration, operations, and maintenance of infrastructure, network and supporting software related to the cloud & application infrastructure
4. Represent the Security Team in Firewall Change Review/ CAB meetings
5. As a hands-on technical specialist, handle complex and detailed technical work necessary to establish and maintain secure cloud security environments
6. Assist Incident Response Team with SIEM engineering tasks
7. Provide back-up on-call support to the Incident Response team
Effective interpersonal skills, out-of-the-box thinking and ability to interface with all levels of staff
1. Experience with building and operating secure infrastructures with 4 - 6 years in Information Security (DevSecOps is a plus).
2. In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP networking (OSI stack, TCP, SDN, etc.).
3. Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Github Actions, etc.
4. Experience using a programming language (would be a plus) such as python or Go for automation, plus Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or CloudFormation
Excellent communications and collaboration skills
Previous experience and the ability to handle and manage change well within and outside the team
7. Experience in platform security in at least three of the following domains: secure cloud deployment, application whitelisting, security engineering, incident handling, vulnerability analysis, active adversary threat management, penetration testing, intrusion detection, firewalls, and encryption technologies
8. Familiarity with enterprise security controls and security best practices for Windows, Linux, and Mac systems.
Proficiency in core security concepts, including cloud skills (preferred: AWS), networking and architecture
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.