Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- Department Analytics and Data Services
- Location India - Bangalore
- Location Type Hybrid
- Be on an on-call (PagerDuty) rotation to respond to any Critical incidents
- Use your on-call shift to tune alerts, build SLI’s, SLO’s, and self-healing automation
- Analyze our AWS infrastructure for design and architectural opportunities to consistently improve overall reliability
- Create patterns of observability to ensure all alerts have consistent content/config to ensure triaging is short and overall MTTR is continuously improved
- Plan, participate and/or execute blameless post-mortems for any customer impacting incident
- Analyze incident data to determine the next opportunity to improve reliability
- Influence engineers to improve application reliability and scalability to run efficiently on our infrastructure
- Document every action, if not captured as code, so your findings turn into repeatable actions and then into automation.
- Improve operational processes (such as deployments and upgrades) to make them as boring as possible.
Required Skills :
- Proven experience designing and deploying SLI’s, SLO’s, and Error Budgets
- Proven experience triaging and debugging distributed systems on cloud infrastructure
- Advance capabilities in designing and engineering CICD pipelines within K8S and legacy ecosystems
- Advanced capabilities in designing and engineering monitors, dashboards, and synthetic transactions in Datadog
- Extensive experience in building, deploying, and running scalable infrastructure within AWS and Kubernetes ecosystems using Terraform and other cloud native approaches
- Extensive experience in managing infrastructure config at scale using multiple approaches and/or tools such as GitOps, Puppet, or Ansible
- Good understanding of AWS cloud networking and security with hands-on experience remediating infrastructure vulnerabilities at scale
- Comfortable with Linux system administration, with the ability to program/script using Python, Go, Java, shell, or equivalent
- Five Plus years of relevant work experience in SRE
Preferred Skills :
- AWS Certified in multiple categories
- Proficiency with SQL, database administration, data pipelines, performance tuning, and schema design
- Proficiency with multiple pipelining tools such as Team City, Bitbucket Pipelines, Jenkins, and GitHub Actions
- Familiarity with open-source distributed data processing frameworks such as Hadoop, Apache Spark, AWS RedShift, etc
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 450 insurers, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to boast about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.