Adventure's around the corner...
Infrastructure AWS Engineer (Linux Security Patching) - Saskatchewan (Remote)
- Department Business Technology
- Location Canada - Saskatchewan
- Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on Linux/Windows/ESXi systems as well as on applications, using tools like AWS Systems Manager, SCCM, MePM, Satellite, etc.
- Maintain OS configuration using Configuration Management tools like Ansible
- Support file/printer servers and manage AD resource permissions
- Manage external digital certificate requests and external DNS provider
- Investigate and resolve security incidents
- Fault finding, analysis and of logging information for reporting of performance exceptions
- Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning
- Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
- Must be able to participate in periodic on-call rotation
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, is self-motivated and able to define, plan and implement long-term goals, tasks and projects
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering or information systems or related field (or equivalent experience) required
- Good understanding of AWS services like EC2, S3, VPC, Route53 and Kubernetes
- 7+ years Linux/Windows/VMware systems administration experience
- Scripting skills: highly skilled in a at least one typical scripting languages (shell/bash, PowerShell, Perl, python, ruby)
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools such as AWS Systems Manager, Ansible, Terraform, Satellite, etc.
- Experience designing and maintaining AWS-based systems
- Experience configuring Linux/Windows guests in a VMware ESXi environment
- Experience supporting Microsoft Exchange, preferably in a hybrid environment
- Strong understanding of Active Directory and related technologies, especially DNS and DHCP
- Understanding and management of Microsoft applications: ADFS, PKI, SCOM, KMS, MBAM, RDS, IIS, and SQL is a plus
- Management and deployment of Datadog, Flexera agent, CrowdStrike agent, CyberArk Endpoint, and similar tools
- 2+ years of Office 365 experience including migrations from on-premises highly desired
- Excellent problem solving, multitasking, troubleshooting skills and attention to details are required to work in this challenging and dynamic environment
- SCCM experience for patch management, application deployment, and OS deployment is a plus
- Comfortable working with third parties and managed service provider
- Strong knowledge related to email security (SPF, DKIM, and DMARC) and security best practices in general and mail client/server troubleshooting
- Strong documentation skill, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills, as well as accuracy and attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal, customer service, result oriented and team building skills are essential
- Jamf experience for MACs management is a plus
- Any Linux (RHCT, RHCE and LPIC), AWS certifications or Office 365 MCSA will be plus
Location: Must be in Saskatchewan
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.