Adventure's around the corner...
Vice President of Enterprise Risk Management & Internal Audit
- Department Finance
- Location United States - Remote
- Establish ERM & IA Charter and develop Guidewire’s internal audit strategy and roadmap.
- Lead engagement planning and scoping activities pertaining to the Company's audit plan including the assessment of all relevant risk factors.
- Manage and execute audits, including identifying and analyzing risks, planning and prioritizing the audit work, conducting interviews, observing operations, documenting and analyzing procedures and controls, completing audit tests at times, preparing and reviewing appropriate work papers, developing audit recommendations, socializing identified issues with appropriate management, and preparing audit reports.
- Demonstrate ability to understand and train others in the universe of business/technical risks and in the evaluation of the adequacy of management's control design and effectiveness of control activities.
- Responsible for ensuring the team completes the Company's SOX testing on behalf of management within deadlines working closely with documented internal controls narratives.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating management's SOX documentation.
- Manage external advisors, vendor relationships, and budget.
- Ensure overall quality and consistency of audit work, and adherence to department and professional standards for audits. Continuously seek opportunities for audit process improvement.
- Manage team members who partner with other functions to execute internal investigations where needed.
- Advocate and leverage the use of technology across the function and throughout the audit process. Champion continuous auditing efforts and supporting strategies.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key executives across the company.
- Facilitate Guidewire's Enterprise Risk Assessment process including interviews with key senior leaders. Based on the assessment, develop comprehensive risk action plan.
- Foster and maintain a healthy, collaborative team environment and strong group morale.
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with management, learning and understanding the business to better provide value-added services, establishing credibility as a management consultant and internal controls resource, and ensuring audit client satisfaction.
- Ensure a Corporate understanding of the centrality of finance and identify the need for training where applicable.
- Participate in activities related to systems development, new products, mergers and acquisitions, and analyze new policies to ensure that control considerations are evaluated in the early stages of these activities.
- Provide control consulting services to management, as needed, to assist in redesign efforts that improve the control environment.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key executives across the Company as well as with the Audit Committee
- 10-12+ years plus internal audit and risk management experience with minimum of six years in a senior level audit leadership role.
- Experience in software industry.
- CIA, CPA, CISA or other relevant professional certification highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience managing a portfolio of audits, concurrent oversight and execution of multiple projects as well as evaluating controls associated with complex business processes.
- Experience managing integrated audits that address a combination of financial/operating and technology objectives.
- Experience executing internal investigations.
- Demonstrated experience, skills and knowledge with IIA Professional Practices and Standards.
- AuditBoard system knowledge a plus.
- Experiencing in managing a staff of diverse professionals.
- Business savvy and ability to understand business strategy; must have high business acumen.
- Written, verbal skills, and experience appropriate to executive and board level reporting and presentation.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.