Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Software Engineer – Market Integration & Delivery (Bangalore)
- Department Product Development
- Location India - Bangalore
- You will be responsible for building the tools that help manage our cloud deployments.
- Be hands-on in designing and writing code while working in a small, multi-functional team
- Maintain and promote a healthy codebase and ensure high quality of products
- Provide technical design and leadership of features from inception to release
- Mentor less experienced engineers and be comfortable to speak your mind and effectively communicate your ideas
- Collaborate with different partners while leading features (e.g. Architects, PMs, PgMs, UX)
What we are looking for:
- Previous DevOps experience is a bonus
- We care most about your critical thinking skills and technical talent, however prior experience with a majority of the following is desirable:
- Hands-on experience with Core Java
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit/Integration Testing, etc
- Experience with microservices architecture and containers
- Experience building secure software and knowledge of security practices
- Object-Oriented Design using proven design principles
- Experience working with OpenSource frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, and others
- Strong understanding of database persistence (e.g., MySQL, NoSQL, SQL, Oracle)
- Experience working in an agile and fast-paced development environment (e.g., TDD, BDD, Agile, pair programming, etc.)
- Knowledge of Cloud Services (e.g. AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Academic background in Computer Science orequivalent
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB, CouchDB)
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Experience designing REST APIs
At Guidewire, our teams:
- Are lean, empowered, and collaborative
- Have the disposition to experiment with new technologies and process outside of the domain
What happens when I apply?
- First, apply for the role. We will then set a quick intro call, so we can share extra info on the role and answer your questions. Next, we will send some coding exercises to complete at home, followed by a technical interview via videoconference. And finally, we will bring you on-site to meet the team.
- Competitive market Salary
- LTI (Long term cash Incentive)
- Health care Benefits
- 3 paid days volunteering and many more
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.