Adventure's around the corner...
Software Engineer - Performance : Bangalore
- Department Product Development
- Location India - Bangalore
What you'll be working on:
- Working on a solution to ensure the Guidewire Cloud Platform, Cloud API’s and applications are performant, reliable, and scalable.
- Identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving issues at both infrastructure and application layers
- Working on resolving performance bottlenecks in the code
- Building monitoring and observability tooling to collect metrics for purposes of detecting and communicating performance bottlenecks.
- Working with Product Management and Engineering teams to define and meet KPI metrics
- Software engineering: Java
- Unix Scripting
- Performance/Load Testing: experience with tools such as Gatling, Karate
- Experienced working in a cloud-based enterprise-scale environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or another technical major.
Nice to have:
- Database experience – PostgreSQL/Aurora, Oracle, SQL server
- Experience using APM/observability tools (App Dynamics, New Relic, Datadog, JProfiler, and so on)
What we are looking for:
- Outstanding problem troubleshooting and solving skills
- Good communication skills and ability to explain sophisticated technical concepts to a diverse audience
- Ability to learn quickly in a constantly changing environment
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.