Senior Software Engineer/Cloud - Bangalore
Our teams are lean, empowered, and collaborative. You'll work alongside intelligent colleagues who've checked their egos at the door. We've built a strong culture, and we're looking for engineers who can help us maintain it.
Design, develop and support core infrastructure components of Guidewire Cloud Platform
· Understand and educate teams on CI/CD pipeline best practices
· Develop Infrastructure as code and deliver the platform as a product
· Apply technical influence to improve the reliability of the platform and systems
· Work in an agile team, pair programming and support deliverables
· Build monitors/dashboards/log visualizations to collect metrics and learn requirements to build solutions and tools to constantly improve availability, performance, up-time and response times of the platform
· Ability to communicate effectively within the team and collaborate with other teams
· Operate development and high-available production environments in AWS
· Ability to rapidly absorb new technologies and have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
· BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry technical skills
· 8+ years of work experience in a SaaS environment for large-scale enterprise
· Experience in building platforms/software using Kubernetes, Docker and Cloud native technologies
· Strong experience in using public cloud providers, preferably AWS
· Experience in building infrastructure as code using configuration tools preferably Terraform
· Good understanding of the network paradigms and stacks available
· Comfort with Linux system administration, bash scripting and ability to program using Go, Python, Java or equivalent
· Have Agile, systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive
· Experience in designing, analyzing and solving problems for large-scale distributed systems
Passionate about quality and in general a great team player
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.