Adventure's around the corner...
Sr Director, Cloud Operations
- Department Customer and Cloud Operations
- Location San Mateo, CA
- Build and run 24x7 global operations teams that owns infrastructure operations in AWS.
- Build a DevOps culture to provide high quality, continuous operations, and ongoing support ensuring critical service level metrics, customer requirements and financial objectives.
- Encourage and establish teams that work together without silos
- Work across CCO to define, measure, and meet key Service Level Objectives including availability, performance, incidents and chronic problems
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; eventually automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Partner with application and business stakeholders to ensure high quality product is developed and released into production
- Work closely with Architecture, Customers and Product to specify and document solutions and practices.
- Lead teams with a focus on productivity, efficiency, respect, and cultural sensitivity
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years of hands-on technical experience combined with strong management and communication skills.
- Solid understanding of modern cloud technologies and best practices.
- Experience running revenue generating applications in a public cloud and IaaS, including real world experience with at least one public cloud provider: AWS, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure
- Experience building, scaling, and running production operations.
- Flexibility and the ability to take identify new opportunities to improve our platform and processes.
- Identify and nurture talent within our CCO organization. Mentor and coach team members who have not unlocked their full potential.
- Strong troubleshooting experience and skillset to resolve incidents across multiple domains.
- Ability to nurture and support a strong operations culture: customer/service focus excellent technology; high quality implementations; self-motivated innovation and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability of establishing and maintaining metrics-based process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong alliances with those outside of your immediate organization
- Experience in building and leading strong technical teams
- Excellent communications, organization, and time management skills
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.