Guidewire's development team is seeking a resourceful, proactive, and results-oriented Senior Software Engineer to build sophisticated solutions for the property & casualty insurance industry's complex business domain and make our industry-leading products even better. If you are passionate about building high-quality software while working with an awesome team and improving the customer experience for millions of people who use our products every day, then this role is for you.
Our software supports significant data volumes and heavy server load. Our platform includes a cluster-safe persistence layer, inter-application messaging architecture, an MVC Web layer, and a lot more.
You will join the Market Integration & Delivery team, working on products and solutions that enable in-market authorities, regulatory bodies, institutions, third parties, partners and insurers to more readily integrate their insurance processes and 3rd party services to the full suite of Guidewire Software Products.
You'll work alongside intelligent colleagues who've checked their egos at the door. Teamwork is very important to us, so you should be open to sharing your knowledge, listening to your peers, paying also attention to details and quality, and working together to resolve sophisticated problems.
You will attend training from day one, learning about our solutions and the business side, as every day can be different, from development to deployment, quarterly planning, and daily standups.
· Be hands-on in designing and writing code while working in a small, multi-functional team
· Maintain and promote a healthy codebase and ensure high quality of products
· Provide technical design and leadership of features from inception to release
· Mentor less experienced engineers and be comfortable to speak your mind and clearly communicate your ideas
· Collaborate with different partners while leading features (e.g. Architects, PMs, PgMs, UX)
What we are looking for:
· Hands-on experience working with Core Java
· Familiarity with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit/Integration Testing, etc
· Experience with microservices architecture and containers
· Experience building secure software and knowledge of security practices
· Object-Oriented Design using SOLID and Hexagonal design principles
· Proven experience using Open Source frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, jBPM, and others
· Strong understanding of relational database persistence (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
· Experience working in an agile and fast-paced development environment (e.g. TDD, BDD, Agile, pair programming, etc.)
· Proven track record designing REST APIs
· Knowledge of Cloud Services (e.g. AWS/GCP/Azure)
· Experience with Springboot
· Academic background in Computer Science or equivalent
· Familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB, CouchDB)
At Guidewire, our teams:
· Are lean, empowered, and collaborative
· Are excited to experiment with new technologies and process outside of the domain
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.