We are looking for an enthusiastic Automation Test Engineer who is passionate about building and maintaining high-quality software and ensuring the success of new & existing Guidewire Cloud customers. The CAPS team works with customers to develop new features, resolve issues, and assure the quality of each customers’ production codebase.
You will have the opportunity to work directly with some of the largest insurance companies all over the world. We work in lean, empowered, and collaborative teams that communicate daily with our customers and allow us to focus on solving complex technical challenges. You will work with, and learn from intelligent colleagues while also having opportunities to develop your own leadership skills. We have a strong culture and a reputation for technical excellence within the industry and are seeking a skilled and motivated Automation Engineer to help grow our team.
You will be part of the teams responsible for delivering new automation scripts for our Cloud customers for the various insurance web applications. Due to the dynamic, fast-paced nature of Production, no day is like the other so logical thinking, problem-solving, accountability and an ability to work as part of a global team are essential.
Continuous Improvement is core to what we do so you will collaborate with senior and junior, manual and automation, test engineers to identify ways of improving process efficiencies and quality of our releases to production.
• Work with a team to develop and maintain automated test framework suites across multiple products.
• Figure out the most effective testing strategies, both automated and manual, for our products.
• Read and understand business requirement documents and determine the best way to create tests for each item assigned to them.
• Create detailed, comprehensive documentation supporting developed testing plans and automation scripts.
• Execute tests for each release.
• Strong communication skills: written, spoken, and presenting.
• Experience with Agile software development lifecycle and related tools (ex. TFS, Jira, or Rally)
• Good knowledge of QA processes and terminology.
• Experience with CI/CD release processes e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity.
• Experience testing RESTful APIs and with API testing tools (ex. Postman and Swagger).
• Knowledge of Behaviour Driven Development frameworks.
• Experience working with customers and users, providing guidance, and status.(Min 2 years)
Nice to have
• Performance testing tooling knowledge and experience.
• Experience with platform virtualization environments (ex. Azure or AWS).
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.