Adventure's around the corner...
SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting Analyst
- Department Finance
- Location United States - San Mateo, CA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the preparation of external financial reporting and supporting schedules, including Forms 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K, Proxy statements, government statutory reporting, and other public-facing financial reporting as required.
- Assist in earnings release process, including preparation of the quarterly management reporting package and review of financial information included in the earnings release and call script.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly filings using a single-source master workbook in wDesk (SEC filing tool); assist with iXBRL tagging review and filing process.
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations in assigned areas (e.g. stock-based compensation, software capitalization); assist with preparation of the statement of cash flows, equity rollforward, EPS calculation, leases, and other schedules as required.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with SEC and U.S. GAAP reporting requirements; own the preparation and manage the review of the quarterly and annual disclosure checklist for external auditors.
- Act as a technical accounting resource by assisting with researching, resolving, and documenting accounting issues that arise during the quarter; assist in the implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Ensure Sarbanes-Oxley requirements are met for relevant areas (e.g. disclosure and equity accounting controls) on a timely basis.
- Provide assistance with special projects as required.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience; mix of Big 4 public accounting and industry experience preferred.
- Highly detail oriented, organized, self-motivated and proactive. Must have strong work ethic and be able to meet critical deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to research and interpret accounting guidance and draft accounting memos to support conclusions.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent team player who can work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge and proficient experience with wDesk and Oracle Fusion highly preferred.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.