Adventure's around the corner...
Planning & Operations Analyst - Canada- Remote
- Department Business Technology
- Location Canada - Remote
- Works with the Business Technology leaders to plan, execute and track department goals and measurements are being achieved. Assists in mitigating risks.
- Participates in and contributes to annual processes including Department budgeting, workforce planning and goal setting.
- Assist with portfolio summary status and dashboards and issue/risk tracking.
- Quarterly financial reporting through dashboards and other reporting methods, ensuring transparency in managing towards plan.
- Create Total Cost of Ownership summary documents for leaders to make technology and financial decisions by gathering a range of inputs across stakeholders.
- Contributes to programs that continuously improves the Department’s processes, tools, approaches, etc. Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and streamlines how we operate through smart use of process, self-service, and positive deflection.
- Helps shape, plan and participates in innovation programs through to value realization as part of a team.
- Helps communicate and market Business Technology accomplishments internally.
- Work with leadership to create standards and common frameworks to promote best practices and knowledge sharing across teams and the department.
- Assists with vendor quarterly business reviews and tracking various performance metrics.
- Assist in creating and deploying NPS surveys across various stakeholder groups and summarizing data with recommendations.
- Work closely with Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team and leadership to help generate monthly and quarterly forecasts across software, services and headcount.
- In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position, the individual must have:
- Strong planning, organization and leadership skills, including the ability to communicate approaches, follow through on commitments and executes to completion with high quality.
- Can work in a fast-paced environment with a virtually distributed team.
- Exceptional skills in assessing, summarizing, and presenting priorities and decision-points to assist leadership in effective and efficient decision-making.
- Strong influencing, collaboration, persuasion, and consensus-building skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of a department and build relationship across disciplines.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to synthesize data and information to provide a high-level view which is accessible to a range of audiences.
- Effective problem solving by seeing the big picture and being able to understand the details to navigate towards successful results.
- Asks clarifying questions and balances across competing priorities.
- Contributes to a world-class team and collaborative culture.
- Experience with financial operations support in a technical environment including financial reporting.
Education & Experience:
- 3- 5+ years of experience in Business operations and/or experience in the following areas: Financial Management Reporting, Strategic Planning, Portfolio/Program Management and Communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree, recommended Business Administration, Engineering or Computer Science.
- CSM or PMP/PMI certification or related project experience is a plus.
- · Data / requirements gathering and analysis
- · Trend and pattern analysis
- · Strategic and tactical plan development
- · Strong written and verbal skills
- · Meeting facilitation and executive presentations
- · Influencing and ability to align individuals
- · Risk and issue management
- · KPI identification and measurement
- · Confidently interact with senior stakeholders.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.