Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Devops Engineer
- Department Analytics and Data Services
- Location San Mateo, CA
- Design, build and operate Cloud-based infrastructure, focusing on IaC (Infrastructure as Code) and CI/CD standard methodologies
- Exert technical influence to improve the reliability of our products and systems
- Operate development and high-available production environments in AWS
- Ability to rapidly absorb new technologies and have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Coach and mentor other specialists technically
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry technical skills
- 5+ years of work experience in a SaaS production environment for large-scale enterprise
- Experienced in building scalable platform software using Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud native technologies
- Strong experience in using public cloud providers, preferably AWS
- Good understanding of networking and security, hands-on knowledge securing networks and systems
- Comfortable with Linux system administration, with the ability to program/script using Python, Go, Java, shell or equivalent
- Have Agile, systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Experience in designing, analyzing and solving problems for large-scale distributed systems
- Solid experience in designing and implementing automated provisioning infrastructure, following IaC patterns, and using tools such as Terraform, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Experience with build engineering tools such as Jenkins
- Proficiency with databases and SQL, experience with database administration, performance tuning and schema design
- Familiarity with open source distributed data processing frameworks such as Hadoop, Apache Spark, AWS RedShift, etc.
- Understanding of data flows, data architecture, ETL and processing of structured and unstructured data
- Experience with NodeJS
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.