Adventure's around the corner...
Cloud Network Operations Engineer
- Department Customer and Cloud Operations
- Location United States - Remote
- Plan, configure, implement and document solutions in a complex network environment in support of new and existing cloud technology architectures
- Measurement, optimization, and tuning of network performance and ensuring that systems will run reliably and are highly available in a 24x7 production environment
- Define, implement and document operational processes and procedures, with periodic review for efficiency and improvement
- Manage complex projects from inception to completion
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation monitoring systems for meeting defined SLAs
Required Skills and Experience
- 10 years of Networking fundamentals including BGP, OSPF, VPNs, DNS, AWS Constructs, Palo Alto firewalls.
- Experience managing and integrating networking with Cloud Providers (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud/Rackspace)
- Excellent customer facing communication, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of AWS networks and experience implementing best practices
- Strong experience with Monitoring and Alerting Tools: CloudWatch, Grafana, Zabbix, PagerDuty, Site24x7, Sumologic, Nagios
- Exhibit ability to manage infrastructure for traditional monolithic web-based business applications
- Experience with coding / scripting languages (Bash, Python) a plus +++
- 2 years Hands-on experience with AWS (VPC, EC2, S3, Route 53, etc.)
- Proficient in Linux administration
- Experience with Network Security, Kubernetes.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.