Adventure's around the corner...
Data Platform Engineer
- Department Analytics and Data Services
- Location India - Chennai
- Design and build cloud-based microservices to automate and scale raw data capture, often via third party APIs
- Use ETL methodologies to process, cleanse, store and verify data
- Champion best practices including CI/CD methodologies
- Transform specs into efficient, production ready code via pair programing and peer review, learning from and
- mentoring your colleague of doers, in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Develop robust REST APIs using Flask to deliver quality data
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry technical skills
- Passion for solving difficult problems involving data
- 4-6+ years of professional development experience
- Willingness to learn new technologies, be nimble and adaptable
- Excellent skills in Python and other programming languages, coupled with a deep understanding of object-oriented
- software design patterns
- Solid knowledge of databases and SQL, including tuning and schema design
- Experience in building microservices using Kubernetes and Docker within AWS
- Understanding of data flows, data architecture, ETL, and processing of structured and unstructured data
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Bitbucket Pipelines, GitLab or GitHub Actions
- Experience using SQLAlchemy, Pandas and NumPy
- Experience with data lake technology such as S3 parquet
- Experience with data mining and machine learning
- Proficiency with databases and SQL, database administration, performance tuning and schema design
- Experience with message queues/ Publish Subscribe pattern. Airflow, Redis, and Celery a big plus
- Familiarity with basic cyber security concepts
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.