Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Software Engineer - CDP (Media) - Bengaluru, India
- DepartmentProduct Development and Operations
- LocationIndia - Bangalore
- Location TypeOn-Site
- Excellent programming skills in Java and/or Kotlin
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Working experience with Docker, Spring, Gradle, TeamCity, and AWS
- Prior experience in building data platforms on public cloud is a plus
- Understanding of distributed systems concepts and principles (consistency and availability, liveness and safety, durability, reliability, fault-tolerance, consensus algorithms)
- Deep understanding of Algorithms, Data Structures, and Performance Optimization Techniques
- Eager to learn new things and passionate about technology!
What you would do
- Design, develop and maintain data platform applications
- Hands-on coding>90% of the time
- Own Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) for your services
- Own scalability, availability, and security for your services
- Own tackle & resolve code defects
What you would need to succeed
- 6+ years of required work experience
- Prior experience and passion for building large scale data platforms
- Emphasize team wins over individual success
- Strong technical interpersonal skills
- Excellent software development skills in one or more of the following languages: Java/Kotlin
- Experience with data systems and data warehouses
- Working experience with Spring Framework
- Experience with Docker
- Ability to work in an agile fast-paced environment
- B. Tech or M. Tech degree (Computer Science or Math)
- Apache Camel
- Apache Velocity
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 540+ insurers in 40 countries, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.