Adventure's around the corner...
Principal Product Manager-Cloud Data Platform - San Mateo, CA
- Department Product Development
- Location San Mateo, CA
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution.
- Lead multiple teams through the conceptualization, development, and launch of innovative product capabilities
- Research, Gather and define the requirements that will be used to innovate new methods of data acquisition, data publication & data integration via the cloud.
- Work cross-functionally across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Drive product development prioritization with a team of extraordinary engineers and designers
- Work closely with the engineering organization, 3rd party vendors, and operation teams through design, testing, and product release to deliver features timely and with quality.
- Collaborate and write requirements with clear acceptance criteria that can be easily consumed by the engineering team.
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to improve user happiness
- Be the specialist who can help customers, support, sales, partners and other groups with questions about our cloud data platform capabilities and strategy
Our Ideal Candidate
- Will have experience with AWS, Middleware (PaaS), SaaS, and other cloud-based software and platforms
- Will be familiar with data acquisition & movement tooling along with API’s for ingestion and integration.
- Will demonstrate an understanding of Relational Databases, data lakes, No-SQL databases, and both Cloud and On-premise Data Warehouses.
- Will possess a blend of business and technical understanding to define big picture vision and drive execution to make the vision a reality
- Is a highly effective people influence
- Is a team-mate, that always comes with a perspective to share, while using excellent communication and presentation abilities to articulate, influence & breathe life into product vision.
- Enjoys analyzing market trends & new technologies to understand customer value & market problems, along with how to tackle them with groundbreaking solutions.
- Will be able to articulate the value proposition/story at multiple levels across a variety of internal & external partners.
Required skills & Experience
- 10+ years of total experience, with at least 5+ in product management
- Experience with Cloud Data lake & Warehouse technologies (e.g. Redshift, Snowflake, Google BigQuery, S3, Azure Data Lake Storage, Google Cloud Storage etc.)
- Experience with Data Integration, API integration, ETL, Service Orchestration & other related data management, access & integration tooling.
- Applied Machine learning & analytic tooling experience desired
- Understanding of public cloud (e.g. AWS, GPC or Azure) infrastructure at scale.
- Proven interpersonal and product management skills; ability to multi-task and work on several directions concurrently
- Experience going through full product cycle, integrating feedback into product requirements.
- Self-motivated and collaborative
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Familiarity with Jira & Aha desired
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.