Adventure's around the corner...
Software Developer Intern - Summer 2021 - Madrid
- Department Students & Graduates
- Location Madrid
What will I be doing?
- Guidewire is offering a 12 week Summer internship program in 2021. The program is designed to give active Undergraduate college students, or those registered in a masters’ program, an opportunity to write software and interact with others in a real-world business environment.
- You will be part of our Professional Services division in our Madrid office, where you will work with a dedicated mentor and other international fellow interns on a software project. You will experience what it’s like to be part of an Agile development team.
- Guidewire is an Agile development shop: we do iterative development, break features into stories, work in priority order, encourage pair programming and more. Our focus is to make the highest quality software for our customers and deliver it on-time. We spend a significant amount of time focusing on software development as a craft. If you intern here, you will collaborate with teammates, mentors and stakeholders while learning what it means to be a professional consultant developer.
- Our hiring is as methodical, rational and stringent as our development standards…
- To be considered you should be an undergraduate student of a BSc in Computer Science or studying for an MSc from a third level or higher education institution. We care most about your critical thinking skills and technical talent. However, experience and skills with the following will be helpful:
- Programming in Java, or any modern OO programming language
- Algorithms and object-oriented design
- Web-based applications and technologies
- Agile, Test-driven development
Other types of things that we like to cultivate:
- Curiosity based on genuine love of technology and solving tough technical problems
- Accountability based on an earnest desire to do what is expected without prompting
- Kindness and respect for your fellow teammates.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.