Adventure's around the corner...
Java Performance Engineer
- Department Customer and Cloud Operations
- Location United States - Remote
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement systems for monitoring of events and application performance metrics across a growing set of customers going into production on Guidewire’s Cloud Platform.
- Develop full stack tooling and processes for monitoring, alerting and logging highly performant applications and interfaces and deploy/integrate existing systems to ensure uptime and application performance
- Build monitors/dashboards/log visualizations to collect metrics for purposes of detecting and surfacing customer-specific performance bottlenecks
- Configure and maintain monitoring and alerting systems to support individual customer production and non-production environments
- Work closely with Product Development, Global Customer Support and other internal Cloud Operations teams to specify and detail solutions and practices.
Required Skills and Experience
- Core Java
- Object-Oriented Design
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, etc
- Agile development practices
- Experience supporting web applications running on Java / Apache / Tomcat in a live production environment
- Ability to develop and extend highly performant Java tooling/monitoring code and identify/address any performance issues in existing custom Java tooling.
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Java development, web UI (design and development), JSON, developing or exposing REST services, application architecture.
- Ability to read and interpret critical application logging outputs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills; ability to think critically and display an aptitude for problem solving on issues that may cross from application to infrastructure related.
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Use creative and innovative ways to solve problems
- Display a strong work ethic and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- A highly positive can-do attitude with a knack for being a great teammate
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex technical concepts to a varied audience yet humility and hunger to learn from others
- Demonstrate strong follow-through and consistently keep commitments to customers and employees
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- We provide 24x7 support to our customers, so we expect you to take turns with your teammates being on-call for after-hours production emergencies
- Travel – Expect occasional travel (less than 5%) to other Guidewire offices for training and team meetings
Nice to have
- Experience in Application Performance Monitoring with background using and supporting analytical tools such as AppDynamics or Datadog
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.