Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Program Manager- Business Technology
- Department Business Technology
- Location United States - San Mateo, CA
- In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position, the individual must have:
- Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills, including the ability to mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, and execute with limited information and ambiguity!
- Minimum 10 years full-time consulting, project/program management, or related experience
- Minimum of two large scale implementations is required at a medium sized software and/or services companies
- 5+ years of project management experience which must include large scale program management
- Experience with packaged application implementations and enhancements such as Salesforce, Oracle etc.
- Expert knowledge of both waterfall and Agile Software Development methodologies
- Extensive experience in development and control of project plans, resource planning, quality and risk management, forecasts, budgeting, reporting and partner management
- Solid ability to make effective presentations and demonstrable ability to quickly earn the trust of executive sponsors and key partners
- Strong influencing, collaboration, persuasion and consensus-building skills. Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and build relationship across disciplines
- Exceptional skills in assessing, summarizing and presenting business or operational priorities and decision-points for effective, timely and efficient management/executive decision-making
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to synthesize data and information to provide a high-level view which is accessible to a range of audiences
- Effective problem solving. Can see the big picture while also being able to understand the details and navigate to successful results
- Balance between competing priorities; drive world-class team performance
- Ability to coach and mentor Project Managers and team members on project methodology and tools
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability, business acumen, and industry knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- CSM and PMP/PMI certification is a plus
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.