Adventure's around the corner...
Java Technical Support Engineer- Intern
- Department Customer and Cloud Operations
- Location Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur
- We are meticulous in our recruitment; careful to hire individuals who have the necessary skills to contribute to the First Responders team.
- Undergraduate student of a BSc in Computer Science from a recognized higher education institution in Malaysia.
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle
- Good troubleshooting skills: ability to think critically and display an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Exposure to broad technical skills such as Object-Oriented Programming (Java, C#, or similar), relational databases (data modeling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, and application architecture. Good knowledge of JAVA and SQL is a MUST.
- Ability to read and interpret application server thread dumps, Oracle AWR reports, and another log files.
Desired skills and Capabilities:
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Read, write, and speak fluent English.
Other things we like to cultivate:
- Accountability and proactiveness to do what is encouraged without prompting.
- Kindness and respect for your fellow teammates
- Eagerness to assist our customers and your teammates.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.