Adventure's around the corner...
Software Engineer III - Localization
- Department Product Development and Operations
- Location Canada - Mississauga, ON
- Location Type Hybrid
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with others, while also having lots of autonomy to propose & implement new solutions
- Work to understand workflow problems, and design automation to solve
- Work on the architecture, design and development of new features while working with the latest cloud technologies
- Lead by example and be looked to for technical guidance in code and design reviews.
You’ll find success in this role if you:
- Love looking at existing processes, dissecting, understanding, identifying which steps are best suited for automation / tooling
- Have a strong technical background, including 5+ years of experience in software design and development
- Solid experience in software development, with a focus on Java, Microservices, and React.js/Typescript.
- Have hands-on experience with (or want to get) Docker, AWS, TeamCity
- Love working across internal teams to influence them for our mutual benefit
- Measure your success in terms of team and business impact, not lines of code.
- Have an ability to bring industry trends, thought leadership and innovative solutions to software design, development
- Able to learn quickly in a fast-paced dynamic environment while also efficiently communicating your ideas and suggestions
- Maintain an open mind and an aptitude for continuous improvement, learning, and exploration of new technologies
- Share our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality
It’d be great if you already have some exposure to:
- Translation Management Systems
- Translation automation and the (many) types of issues that can arise
- Machine learning / LLMs / machine translation
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 450 insurers, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to boast about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.