Adventure's around the corner...
Migration Engineer, Cloud Transition Practice
- Department Delivery Services
- Location Ireland - Remote
- Building tools to enable efficient and seamless transition effort
- Active participation in code and spike reviews, helps with story elaboration and design decisions
- Help define and follow development processes
- Keeps the Engineering Lead informed of status and blockers or risks
- Keeps informed of new technology stacks so the right tools are used to solve transition problems
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a sense of ownership and drive
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced Agile environment
Background and Skills required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent level of demonstrable professional competency, and 3 years + in development type role
- Development experience using Java (versions 8 to 11) preferred
- Experience developing and deploying production REST APIs
- Experience working with relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Good understanding of CI/CD and DevOps tools
- Experience using public cloud providers, preferably AWS (EKS, DynamoDB, IAM, SQS, S3...)
- Experience in building platform software using Kubernetes, Docker and cloud native technologies
- Experience in Data Migration
- IntelliJ development experience
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.