Driven by integrity and motivated by the collective challenge.
At Guidewire, we're changing the face of insurance. Developing and delivering technology that's crafting the future of the property and casualty industry. We're a global team of more than 2,400 working at scale and speed across a 500-million-dollar platform that gives insurers the tools they need to take care of their customers.
Are you ready to move insurance to the 21st century by building
· SaaS Insurance Platform build on top of the public cloud leader
· Cloud-Native microservices
· A marketplace for the 3rd party application developer
· We are looking for hands-on engineering leaders to achieve this journey!
· You will have the chance to create an impact and contribute to a sophisticated application suite of products that generate over 500 million dollars of revenue annually, mission-critical to 100+ enterprises serving more than a million users.
As a Senior Engineering Manager at Guidewire you will be hands-on, empower, and support between 2 to 4 self-sufficient teams.
· Attract, retain, develop, and empower outstanding engineering talent
· Empower multiple engineering teams, and offer mentorship and mentor as needed
· Ensure effective teamwork and communication within the team and with peers and partners across the organization
· Work in an agile development environment
· Collaborating with other managers and teams to execute the roadmap and ensure successful delivery of running software
· Trust your team, and be trusted by your manager and colleagues to make good decisions
· Be involved in design discussions and support the team from a technical point of view
· Regular one-to-one’s with your team
What we're looking for
- Strong experience leading development teams
- A ceaseless desire to improve how things get done
- Technical Background. Proficiency in one of the high-level programming languages (e.g. Java, C#)
- An advocate of DDD, BDD, TDD, and API first
- Cloud Services and architectures (e.g. cloud foundry, Kubernetes, containers, serverless)
- Mentoring others on technical topics and processes
- Leading projects from inception to completion with teamwork across teams
- Risk mitigation and handling dependencies
- A calm, rational demeanour under pressure. Having a sense of humour helps!
Let’s make an impact.
At a time of rapid industry change, we're evolving to make sure we deliver the best systems and services for every customer. It's an exciting time to join us as we push ourselves, our business and the sector forward. There are lots to learn and you'll be given opportunities to grow with us and have a genuine impact, passionate about those around you.
Become the best you can be. Join us, apply now.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.