Adventure's around the corner...
Site Reliability Engineer
- Department Customer and Cloud Operations
- Location Dublin
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement systems for monitoring of events and application performance metrics across a growing set of customers going into production on Guidewire’s Cloud Platform.
- Integrate systems with application monitoring and alerting tools to ensure uptime and system/application performance, including synthetic monitoring, dashboards etc.
- Create full stack capabilities for monitoring, alerting and logging, including business process, highly performant applications and interfaces to aid in driving 24x7x365 service operations of critical world-wide systems
- Generate system metrics and reports for purposes of detecting customer-specific performance bottlenecks
- Configure and maintain monitoring and alerting systems to support individual customer production and non-production environments
- Create system documentation and training materials to empower and educate other CCO teams
- Work closely with Product Development, Global Customer Support and other internal Cloud Operations teams to specify and detail solutions and practices.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity with the Agile software development lifecycle
- Experience supporting web applications running on Java / Apache / Tomcat in a live production environment
- 3 or more years of working experience with CI/CD, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS technologies,
- Experience in Application Performance Monitoring with background using and supporting analytical tools such as AppDynamics or Datadog
- Ability to develop and extend highly performant Java tooling/monitoring code and identify/address any performance issues in existing custom Java tooling.
- Experience working with Relational Databases such as Aurora Postgres and/or Oracle RDS
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Java development, web UI (design and development), JSON, developing or exposing REST services, application architecture.
- Ability to read and interpret critical application logging outputs.
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills; ability to think critically and display an aptitude for problem solving on issues that may cross from application to infrastructure related.
- Employ sound business judgment when making business decisions
- Use creative and innovative ways to solve problems
- Display a strong work ethic and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- A highly positive can-do attitude with a knack for being a great teammate
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex technical concepts to a varied audience
- Demonstrate strong follow-through and consistently keep commitments to customers and employees
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- We provide 24x7 support to our customers, so we expect you to take turns with your teammates being on-call for after-hours production emergencies
- Travel – Expect occasional travel (less than 5%) to other Guidewire offices for training and team meetings
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.