Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Java Software Engineer
- Department Product Development and Operations
- Location United States - San Mateo, CA
What we’re looking for
- 7+ years of extensive Java programming skills.
- Solid understanding of common data structures and programming best practices.
- Promote object-oriented design principles ("SOLID"/Hexagonal) and other design patterns.
- Experience designing REST or gRPC-based APIs.
- Experience working with relational and/or NoSQL databases.
- Detailed problem-solving approach, coupled with a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Effective collaboration with highly skilled team members, product managers, architects, and operations team.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex technical concepts to a varied audience.
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies.
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or a related technical field), or equivalent level of demonstrable professional competency.
Nice to have
- Experience with microservices architecture and containers.
- Prior experience with Spring Boot.
- Experience building secure software and knowledge of security practices.
- Understanding of CI/CD and DevOps tools.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to boast about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.