Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Security Engineer- Infrastructure
- Department Information Security & Compliance
- Location Dublin
What will you be working on day to day?...
- Partner with teams across the organisation (infrastructure, application engineering, data analytics, etc.) to ensure the security, availability and resilience of our infrastructure
- Prior experience working closely with product and DevOps Engineers and/or SRE's on security requirements. Experience with DevOps environments and AWS security controls is a strong plus
- Architecture, configuration, operations, and maintenance of infrastructure, network and supporting software related to the cloud & application infrastructure
- Represent the Security Team in Firewall Change Review/ CAB meetings
- As a hands-on technical specialist, handle complex and detailed technical work vital to establish and maintain secure cloud security environments
- Assist Incident Response Team with SIEM engineering tasks
- Provide back-up on-call support to the Incident Response team
- Effective interpersonal skills, out-of-the-box thinking and ability to collaborate with all levels of staff
The ideal candidate will have..
- Experience with building and operating secure infrastructures with 4 - 6 years in Information Security (DevSecOps is a plus).
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP networking (OSI stack, TCP, SDN, etc.).
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GitHub Actions, etc.
- Experience using a programming language (would be a plus) such as python or Go for automation, plus Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or CloudFormation
- Excellent communications and collaboration skills
- Previous experience and the ability to handle and manage change well within and outside the team
- Experience in platform security in at least three of the following domains: secure cloud deployment, application whitelisting, security engineering, incident handling, vulnerability analysis, active adversary threat management, penetration testing, intrusion detection, firewalls, and encryption technologies
- Familiarity with enterprise security controls and security best practices for Windows, Linux, and Mac systems.
- Proficiency in core security concepts, including cloud skills (preferred: AWS), networking and architecture
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.