Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Accountant (6 month fixed term contract)
- Department Finance
- Location United Kingdom - Remote
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management and ownership of general ledger and production of monthly balance sheet analysis and reconciliations
- Month end reporting to strict HQ deadlines
- Ensure financial & statutory compliance is maintained in EMEA eg Global & Local Audits.
- Play a key role in continuing to build and streamline Guidewire’s processes in EMEA as we continue the transformation of our EMEA finance department to ensure we have fit for purpose, agile and scaleable processes and structure.
- Build a strong working relationship with Guidewire’s HQ finance team to ensure that global initiatives and best practice are rolled out successfully to EMEA subsidiaries, including the implementation and abiding by SOX controls.
- Be the ‘go to’ person for any financial reporting requests from HQ for owned balance sheet accounts.
- Close collaboration with Pan-EMEA Controllers, to ensure EMEA wide knowledge & cover amongst Controllers
- Committed to high standards of compliance, deadlines and results.
- Self-starter, prepared to take ownership and responsibility for their role.
- Must have experience of managing a group with multiple entities, currencies, locations and languages.
- Must be willing to work in a rapidly changing and growing environment.
- Ability to use initiative to design, implement & improve processes.
- Ability to cope with rapid expansion and adapt quickly to a changing environment.
- Confidence in communicating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Must be open to a flexible working approach to ensure maximum efficiency in collaboration across time zones
Qualifications & Education:
- Candidates must have University Degree in Business, Finance or equivalent
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Proven financial accounting experience including having played a central role in a financial reporting environment working under both US GAAP and IFRS in the software industry.
- Must be fluent in written & spoken English, additional language skills would be an advantage
- Must have experience of ERP and other core systems.
- Significant attention to detail.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.