Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Director of Cyber Data Science & Machine Learning
- Department Analytics and Data Services
- Location San Mateo, CA
- Provide oversight of the design, architecture, and delivery of our cyber risk models and associated business insights
- Lead a distributed team of cyber analysts, data scientists and risk modelers, providing mentorship, oversight and coaching, and encouraging their professional growth
- Champion best practices across machine learning, data science, data engineering, and catastrophe risk modeling
- Leverage a keen understanding of the cyber-insurance market to identify and develop new data sources and analytical solutions aligning to drive product innovation
- Influence and work with senior management and colleagues across Guidewire’s other departments
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and the ability to aim to agreement using a combination of persuasion, negotiation and rational judgement
- MS or PhD in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or similar quantitative discipline
- 10+ years hands-on technical experience with data science, analytics, server-side development; track record developing and deploying ML-based solutions to address industry problems
- 5+ years demonstrated experience managing a large technical team; true passion for leading, inspiring, mentoring, and attracting world-class colleagues
- Proficiency in various ML techniques, non/parametric models, model evaluation and calibration methods, anomaly detection, and model interpretability; familiarity with deep learning approaches for processing unstructured data
- Proficiency in AWS (EC2,EMR, S3, SageMaker), Python, Spark, Kafka, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Hands-on knowledge of cyber-security concepts in operating systems, cross-platform systems, software, and network protocols
- Strong strategic eye for business married with innate execution focus, detail orientation, and superb communication
- Experience in InsurTech, FinTech, and/or P&C domain knowledge
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.