Adventure's around the corner...
People Business Partner/ER Specialist - Mississauga, Candada (Hybrid in Office)
- Department People Team
- Location Canada - Mississauga, ON
- Location Type Hybrid
- Conduct proactive research on upcoming legislation and compliance and facilitate project management with relevant COEs, Compliance lead and other GW functions e.g., pay transparency, pay equity, legal leadership training, etc.
- Support the management community in interpreting a wide range of policies and legal requirements in AMER such as code of conduct, disciplinary and grievance, discrimination, bullying and harassment.
- Identifying a fair and inclusive process appropriate for employee concerns or grievances including overseeing employee fact-finding
- Effectively support and guide management with goal setting, employee performance issues, PIPs, and any resulting conflict
- Partner with the wider HR Business Partner team and leverage their experience and insights of functions to support engagement and achieve the right outcomes
- In conjunction with the HR Business Partner team and internal legal counsel, implement employee relations programs and initiatives including training on best practice, intervention strategies, etc.
- Staying attuned to organizational and operational changes across AMER to identify potential employee relations risks and develop plans to address proactively.
- Review metrics and identify trends across the region. Use this data to recommend solutions or policies required to influence the trends
- Ensure internal processes and procedures are in line with legislative requirements and best practice in each country in AMER.
- Build a case management process and track all cases across the region.
- Influence employee experiences with compliance and policies, e.g., new hire orientation, policy refreshes, etc.
- Maintain good communication and positive relationships with both the management community and employees to promote employee satisfaction
- Raise awareness of any legislative changes at a country-specific level that would need to be incorporated into policies or processes.
Skills and Experience
- 4+ years in HR, Employee Relations
- French speaking is a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of the employment laws across AMER
- Experience of managing employee relations issues and cases
- Strong skills in conflict resolution and coaching management
- Collaborative with the ability to influence management
- Results focused, driving case resolutions in a timely manner
- Ability to recommend improvements and changes to ensure legal requirements are met and we’re aligned to best practice
- Degree in HR, Law, or a related discipline highly desired
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 450 insurers, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to boast about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.