Adventure's around the corner...
Google Workspace Engineer - US Remote
- Department Business Technology
- Location United States - Remote
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Act as a trusted advisor to ensure the implementation and usage of the Google Workspace Platform efficiently and effectively to meet company needs and to verify it is integrating well with other tools and processes.
- Provide subject matter expertise in Google Workspace solutions and lead all technical aspects of engineering, maintenance, and management of the Google Workspace productivity suite and collaboration solutions.
- Perform hands-on design, configuration, and troubleshooting of Google Workspace including migrating data from O365 to Google, integrating Active Directory environments with Google, and educating technical resources and users.
- Collaborate with Google product managers and strategists, Google tech support, outsourced vendor teams to evaluate and recommend new Google Workspace features/ enhancements.
- Lead and facilitate enterprise rollout of custom solutions that integrate Workspace functionality and work productivity.
- Manage and administer Google MDM environment, enterprise Mobile App Store, device enrollments and resolve complex mobile OS specific issues.
- Take ownership of the overall Google Workspace account management process integrated with enterprise IAM. Develop new system processes for efficient Workspace account lifecycle management.
- Oversee email retention activities to comply with legal records retention policies
- Partner with IT Security & Audit to enforce strict cross platform security and audit controls.
- Collaborate with other technical and functional teams to Document and support business rules, system operating procedures that pertain to the Google platform. Enhance documentation periodically for currency and relevance.
- Periodically analyze trouble tickets from other teams, identify gaps, create and carryout new solutions, document and train technical support staff globally.
- Be comfortable developing relationships with internal and external partners to maximize the usage, performance, and stability of the productivity and collaboration platforms.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience deploying and administering Google Workspace in enterprise environments.
- Strong expertise in email infrastructure, mail transfer protocols, mail access protocols, email security, spam, phishing and virus protection.
- Strong expertise in administration and configuration of enterprise mobility management
- Previous experience in O365 to Google Workspace migration is a plus.
- Must be a self-starter, with good time management skills, able to manage multiple activities simultaneously while requiring little or no oversight and/ or direction.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving skills with ability to apply new technologies, concepts, & functionality to solve problems and implement solutions.
- Must comprehend relationship between company policies, business & technical processes, and procedures.
- Must be able to create design documents, system operating procedures & FAQs.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent education and experience.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 450 insurers, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to boast about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.