Adventure's around the corner...
Software Engineer In Test - Quality Assurance
- Department Analytics and Data Services
- Location India - Chennai
- Build and maintain automated test suites to test our web-application and data products
- Work with developers and other quality team members to collaborate and come up with robust test strategies to test the web-application and data
- Create test plans, get them reviewed and track test execution for new feature functionality and regression testing
- Execute tests to verify functionality of specified product features based on requirements using automation and manual testing
- Bachelor’s Degree or Masters’ Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Comfortable with writing and executing test plans/cases
- Excellent programming skills coupled with an understanding of object-oriented design patterns using Java, Python and Selenium based UI testing
- Knowledge of databases and comfortable with writing and running SQL queries
- Comfortable with using a development environment
- Comfortable with using source control such as Git
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- 3 years minimum relevant experience
- Knowledge of Software Quality Assurance and Unit testing strategies
- Knowledge of Bug tracking tools such as JIRA, Bugzilla and test case repositories
- Knowledge Agile methodologies for SDLC
- Knowledge of REST API and services
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.