Adventure's around the corner...
Program Manager - US-Remote
- Department Professional Services
- Location United States - Remote
- Responsible for ensuring timely delivery of program to schedule and budget
- Establish, lead, and manage the delivery Program Management Office (PMO)
- Plan and design the program and proactively monitor its progress, resolve issues, and initiate appropriate corrective action and serve as escalation point
- Continually monitor and control release scope, promoting a culture of exchange over increase
- Define the program's governance arrangements
- Ensure effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the program. Focus inwardly on the internal consistency of the program, and outwardly on its coherence with the infrastructure plan, interfaces with other programs and corporate, technical, and specialist standards
- Manage the program's budget, monitor expenditure, and costs against delivered and realized benefits as the program progresses
- Facilitate the appointment of individuals to project teams
- Ensure the delivery of new products or services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the program plan and program governance arrangements
- Ensure there is allocation of common resources and skills within the program's individual projects
- Manage third party contributions to the program
- Manage communications with all stakeholders
- Manage both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
- Manage risks and facilitate mitigation activities to ensure the program's successful outcome
- Initiate extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the program are identified or issues arise
- Report the progress of the program at regular intervals to the Steering Committee and other stake holders as required and defined in the governance process documentation
- Report the progress of the program at regular intervals to the internal Guidewire stakeholders
- Appoint other individuals to support the program role gaps such as (e.g. risk manager, communications manager, benefits manager)
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 7-10 years of implementation experience
- 5-7 years of program management experience
- Experience leading enterprise technology implementations leveraging agile and understands agile tools and concepts
- Ability to travel up to 80%.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Demonstrated skill in managing large multi-functional projects including software package implementations
- Understand Cloud processes and technologies and possess advanced project management skills.
- Ability to build team collegiality on large scale programs and across multiple geographical locations
- Proven negotiation skills and a strong ability to navigate executive levels of an organization
- Demonstrable knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring, and controlling programs
- Sound business case development and approvals skills
- Understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties
- Hands on experience with working on SOWs
- Solid knowledge of program and project management methods (such as PMP, MSP, and PRINCE2), together with an understanding of Agile methods
- Strong knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Ability to find ways of solving or preempting problems
People Development Skills :
- Shows a track record of building effective cross functional teams across multiple geographic locations
- Ability to deal with issues directly, firmly, and in a timely manner; doesn’t allow problems to fester; regularly reviews performance and holds timely discussions
- Staffing – has a nose for talent; able to deal with underperforming team members; assembles talented teams
- Ability to evaluate team members and is a good judge of talent and can articulate the strengths and weaknesses of people inside and outside organization
- P&C Insurance experience
- Experience with Guidewire enterprise technology implementation
- Experience with Cloud Technology
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Has agile certifications: Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Scaled Agilest (SA)
- Experience with project management tools: SmartSheet, MS Project, Jira, Rally
- BS or BA degree required
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.