Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Solution Engineer
- Department Go To Market
- Location United States - San Mateo, CA
- Work directly with the Solution Consulting team to implement new features requirements gathering through implementation, testing, and delivery from beginning to end
- Own, troubleshoot & resolve defects
- Collaborate with other development organizations within the company - providing feature demos and documentation, participating in joint hands-on working sessions, hackathon, etc.
- Meet strict timelines and deliverables
- Actively participate in our Agile with Scrum development methodology
What you would need to succeed:
- Machine Learning, Python, NLP
- Replicated data streaming (Kafka, Spark)
- Data visualization development (Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI)
- Object oriented programming fundamentals (inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation, etc.)
- Cloud services (AWS or Google) and cloud native software development
- Source Control and Collaborative Development Workflow (GIT, Github, Bitbucket)
- Agile development and documentation ability
- Integration mechanisms (messaging, synchronous, asynchronous, REST API, GraphQL, gRPC, etc.)
- RDS, DynamoDB, SQL and NoSQL
- Micro Service Development experience, have the knowledge about SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, FaaS
- GO, Ruby, etc. other programming language skill
- AWS CloudFormation, Terraform
- Serverless, AWS Amplify, AppSync, Google CloudFunction, Firebase
- AWS Lambda, Redshift, Chatbot, IoT, Elastic Search, Docker, K8s, Google Analytics
- Property and Casualty Insurance Industry Experience (or even life/health)
- CI and CD frameworks (Jenkins, Team City, Gradle, Groovy)
- Observability and Monitoring tools
- Software testing and test frameworks
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.