Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Front End Software Engineer - Bay Area, CA
- Department Product Development
- Location San Mateo, CA
- Do test-driven FrontEnd development to ensure high confidence in any code you develop
- Receive and provide feedback in code reviews
- Interface with and help evolve REST APIs
- Work with the User Experience team to achieve a great user experience
- Collaborate within the Scrum Team to understand the requirements and possible implementation options
- Help develop Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Own, troubleshoot & resolve code defects
What you would need to succeed
- Emphasize team wins over individual success
- Experience with modern frontend application frameworks such as React JS or Vue.js
- Strong technical communication skills
- Clean code practices
- Interest in software / architectural design principles
- Understand REST API for data interchange
- Ability to work in an agile fast paced environment
- BS/MS degree (Computer Science or related field)
- Strong individual contributor with strong experience delivering high-quality solutions
- 5+ years of Frontend Software Development experience
- Experience other programming languages such as TypeScript or Java
- Working knowledge of AWS or other cloud providers
- Experience with any of TeamCity / Jenkins / GoCD
- Experience with modern frontend ecosystem (e.g. webpack, bower, npm, Babel)
- Experience with accessibility (A11y) and internationalization (i18n) best practices
- Startup experience
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.