Adventure's around the corner...
SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting Intern (Summer 2021) San Mateo, CA
- Department Students & Graduates
- Location San Mateo, CA
- Assist in the year-end reporting cycle by preparing financial statement packages, footnote support, and Management’s Discussion & Analysis (MD&A) support.
- Assist in preparing supplemental schedules provided to investors to support our non-GAAP income statement and ensure consistency with earnings materials
- Assist with preparing the Statement of Cash Flows which requires different sources of information, including Stock-based Compensation, Software Capitalization, Fixed Assets, Investments, Acquisitions, and other items
- Assist in Stock-Based Compensation forecasting
- Help maintain or enhance the Wdesk single source workbook that will facilitate quick and efficient updating for our 10-Q/K footnotes and our non-GAAP supplemental schedules
- Work cross-functionally with business partners to quantify cloud-native product development efforts for internal-use software capitalization
- Other ad-hoc requests
Desired Skills and Capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative work ethic and a team-player
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Committed to problem-solving and driving projects to completion
- Desire to learn accounting through research and application
- Actively working towards a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, or business with a desire for high achievement
What to Expect
- Deepen your understanding of all aspects of financial reporting and your analytical capabilities through the exploration of large data sets
- Exposure to core finance systems such as WDesk, Oracle, and Equity Edge Online
- Develop proficiency in commonly used applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Opportunities to collaborate with the broader finance organization and other cross-functional teams
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.