Adventure's around the corner...
Site Reliability Engineer
- Department Product Development
- Location United States - Detroit, MI
- Extensive experience with continuous deployment of cloud services
- Prior experience in running data platforms using Big Data stack (Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Hive) on public cloud (AWS/Azure)
- Good programming skills in Java, python or any scripting language to build tooling for self service automation
- Prior experience with CI/CD (Teamcity, Jenkins) for gate promotion
- Prior experience with IaC tools like Terraform, AWS CloudFormation
- Good problem solving and analytical skills to troubleshoot issues in a complex multi-tier environment
- Experience is Incident (PagerDuty) and Post Incident Management
- Expertise in Monitoring tools (Datadog, ELK)
- Knowledge of capacity and scalability of cloud resources
- Knowledge on blue/green deployment and chaos engineering
- Comfortable working with Kubernetes (AWS EKS), Docker containers
- Eager to learn new things and passionate about technology!
What you would do
- Maintain a 24x7 production environment with a high level of service availability.
- Drive incidents to resolution by coordinating with multiple engineering teams
- Partner with other development teams in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture.
- Implement automation and orchestration for manual processes required to operate and deploy cloud services
- Improve our incident management lifecycle to identify, mitigate, and learn from reliability risks
- Form and maintain relationships with internal and external partners
- Develop deeper insights and analysis into the quality of experience for our customers
- Build a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and operations management teams across the Guidewire.
What you would need to succeed
- 8 or more years of relevant work experience
- You have experience solving infrastructure and application problems with software
- You have a big-picture perspective on systems and tools
- You can collaborate with other engineering teams to understand their systems and help improve them
- You have strong technical knowledge of cloud infrastructure, distributed systems, networking, storage, operating systems
- Experience with Java or Scala development, e.g., Java based microservices, REST APIs / gRPC
- Experience with AWS and its native services, e.g. RDS, EMR, Redshift, MSK, SNS, SQS
- Possess good conceptual understanding of IaaS abstractions like Kubernetes / Cloud foundry / OpenShift
- Be well-familiar with Agile software development methodologies and SDLC.
- An undergraduate or graduate level degree / diploma in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Mathematics / similar technical field of study or equivalent level of relevant work experience and certification(s).
Open to Remote candidates from EST or CST time zones.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.