Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Software Engineer/Tech Lead - Dublin, Ireland
- Department Product Development
- Location Dublin
- Design, develop and run micro-services, components & tools
- Collaborate on visual designs and architecture
- Create well tested code ensuring high confidence in any code you develop
- Own scalability, availability and data security
- Deploy containerized and cloud native applications to the preferred cloud provider
- Drive and improve Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Mentor other developers in best practices
- Lead the team/pod and ensuring delivery on time
- Working closely with the Product Manager, as well as with UX designing and tech writing team
What you need to be successful:
- Emphasize team wins over individual success
- Experience in driving and performing Test Driven Development
- Excellent software / architectural design skills
- Be ready to pivot to new languages and frameworks
- Understand REST API for data interchange
- Have a good understanding of serverless functions and their relevant use cases in AWS or other major cloud providers
- Desire to work in an agile fast paced environment
- BS/MS degree (Computer Science or Math)
- Although time is not the most important measure of ability, this role requires significant experience delivering enterprise cloud solutions
- Experience with accessibility (A11y) and internationalization (i18n) best practices
- Experience with any of TeamCity / Jenkins / GoCD
- Experience with a broad set of programming languages and paradigms
- Experience in driving best practices of a well-functioning team
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.