Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Engineer - DevSecOps Team
- Department Business Technology
- Location San Mateo, CA
- We live by our core principles of integrity, rationality, and collegiality. Your first responsibility is always to adhere to these principles in everything that you do!
- An understanding of the sense of urgency involved in a production system setting and the implications of any changes made to such.
- Understand all aspects of the Guidewire Cloud operating model and work directly with our internal operational teams to identify key challenges and opportunities for improvement through tooling and automation.
- Ensure that we meet our achievements and maintain strict client SLAs and their defined KPIs.
- Promote a culture of incremental improvements which provide production improvements that benefit both the customer and internal operations.
- Take initiative in identifying time saving opportunities and prototyping of solutions which would deliver ease of use and operational efficiency to our organization
- Develop internal tools from the requirements gathering phase through to development, testing and production rollout.
- Document and assist in knowledge transfer, training and support to internal teams on the various tools implemented.
- Drive, align and work effectively with cross-functional teams across various disciplines (business, product, technology, corporate development, etc.) who may have competing priorities.
- Operate development and high-available production environments in AWS
- Ability to rapidly absorb new technologies and have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Coach and mentor other engineers technically. Ability to lead the team for results.
- Strong programming skill in Python/Go and proficiency in GIT.
- Good knowledge of Kubernetes and Infrastructure as a code platform like terraform.
- Ability to prioritize work effort based on a dynamic work environment
- Comfortable with on-call rotation and 24/7 support on need basis
- Comfort being in a dynamic role that is not always fully defined and that will mature with our solution offerings.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good Amazon Web Services (AWS) knowledge
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Experience with commercial software such as customer incident tracking systems, work effort management, etc.
- Have Agile, systematic problem solving approach, coupled with good interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from higher education institution.
- Preference given to candidates that have strong technical and software engineering background in particular in the areas of AWS, micro services, automation and tools.
- Experience working analyzing logs and debugging.
- Zeal to learn about new tools and adapt to infrastructure as code model.
- Experience working in a production setting.
- Practice Test Driven Development
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently while interacting with peers and engineers who often excel at these capabilities as well
- Demonstrable experience with complete product life cycle in a production services environment, including design, implementation, load and scale testing, deployment and maintenance
- Experience working in an environment where cloud or off-premise enterprise applications have been utilized.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.