Adventure's around the corner...
- Department Customer and Cloud Operations
- Location Canada - Remote
- Apply continuous attention to technical excellence and good design principles resulting in a scalable, reliable, performant, and maintainable platform
- Work with stakeholders to drive scope, requirements, and the architecture of our AWS hosted service
- Work closely with engineers, test engineers, product owners and management to understand requirements, define and implement best practices and standards
- Define, implement and document operational processes and procedures, with periodic review for efficiency and improvement
- Discuss and defend architecture decisions with team of other architects
- Mentor other team members and help them self-service their deployments on new features
- Participate as the highest escalation point in 24x7 on-call rotation
- Hands-on experience with AWS (EC2, Lambda, S3, RDS, VPC, Route 53, CloudWatch, IAM, EKS, etc.)
- Strong understanding of AWS security and monitoring; experience implementing best practices
- Extensive experience using CI-CD tools(git, Docker, Jenkins)
- Extensive experience with Kubernetes and surrounding technologies: Nginx Ingress, Istio, Calico, Helm
- Experience with micro services or service-oriented architecture
- Experience managing and maintaining Tomcat web applications
- Extensive experience with scripting and debugging on both Linux and Windows environments
- Knowledge of MySQL and non-SQL data stores
- Highly proficient in Linux/Unix, Shell and Python
- Excellent written, verbal, and collaboration skills
- 5 or more years of experience in Git, Jenkins
- 4 or more years of experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- 5 or more years of experience supporting industry standard core CI-CD infrastructure components: Nexus/Artifactory, Code Coverage tools, Security tools etc
- 5 or more years of experience with logging infrastructure such as ELK/EKC, SumoLogic, Splunk, LogStash.
- 5 or more years of experience with automation frameworks such as: Terraform, Ansible, Chef
- 5 or more years of experience implementing systems within a complex secure network in AWS Cloud and various communiocation methods
- 5 or more years of experience Automation/DevOps experience
- 7 or more years of experience with Python, Perl, Shell, UNIX/LINUX experience
- 3 or more years of experience with Monitoring and Alerting Tools: CloudWatch, Prometheus, Grafana, Zabbix, Pagerduty
- Extensive experience with at least one programming language such as Python, Go or similar
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.