Adventure's around the corner...
Design (UX) Researcher - Dublin, Ireland
- Department Product Development
- Location Dublin
- Help UX teams and the business solidify research objectives and identify problems to be explored. Then, translate these objectives into key research questions for study and/or exploration.
- Work across teams to plan and conduct an array of practical and impactful design research to uncover both user attitudes and behaviors, needs, and motivations.
- Understand when and which qualitative research methods to use and well as pros and cons. Guide teams on which research tradeoffs are acceptable given research questions, business goals, timeline, and resources.
- Design and execute end-to-end custom, primary research. This includes but is not limited to building study plans, participant screeners, and discussion guides as well as recruiting study participants, moderation research sessions, and generating reports.
- Uncover useful findings and actionable insights that drive tactical and strategic product decisions.
- Use third-party, market research, analytics, and user research to generate solid insights to foster the best solutions that consider a holistic view of people, technology, and business.
- Cultivate user empathy by translating research into compelling stories of how users of our solutions think, feel, and behave.
- Build artifacts such as personas, journey maps, presentations, reports, etc. to communicate the needs of users and customers to key stakeholders in clear and memorable ways.
- Assist with coaching and training developers, designers, product managers, and others on research basic research best practices, enabling them to quickly turn-around meaningful, useful research.
- Help to build and maintain an archive of research activities, results, and insights that can easily be shared with product shareholders and the user experience team.
- Understand the importance of scaling user research and assist with developing and maturing research at Guidewire.
What you need to be successful:
- Proven proficiency in common qualitative and quantitative research methods such as moderated and unmoderated usability studies, customer and user interviews, concept testing, cognitive walkthroughs, surveys, discount methods like heuristic evaluations and expert reviews, and benchmarking
- Experience in conducting both formative and summative research.
- Experience working with designers, developers, and product partners to define research objectives, identify and prioritize research
- Ability to draw out insights from a variety of design research artifacts.
- Experience with crafting UX artifacts like personas, storyboards, and journey maps to illustrate user needs and areas for opportunity.
- Ability to communicate results and opportunities in clear, concise, and compelling ways that both fuel ideation and elevated designs.
- Ability to prioritize and manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Flexibility to quickly respond to emerging issues under tight deadlines and lack of available end-users
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Willingness to work across time zones - We have teams from California to Poland, so you should be comfortable working across those time zones.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. with 3 – 5 years of experience in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Design, or related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- Passion for research and empathy for the user
- Experience conducting international research (Ideal but not required)
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.