Adventure's around the corner...
Sales Executive, UK, Ireland & South Africa
- Department Go To Market
- Location Ireland - Dublin
Key activities for the Sales Executive include:
- Proactive development of new business customers in assigned territory.
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers both technical and business focused within prospects and existing clients.
- Work with sales support functions maintain accurate records of contacts and prospects utilizing the Company’s systems and procedures.
- Manage with the support of the Customer Account Managers, Customer Success Managers, Customer Executive Sponsors, post-sale client relationships to maximize product extension sales to existing customers.
- Lead and undertake Sales activities from initial contact until sale closure.
- Arrange and lead technical and functional presentations to clients, support the customers business case in conjunction with product experts, strategic advisory team, and professional services.
- Maintain a solid knowledge of the Company’s underlying technology, the range of existing products and consulting services.
- Prepare detailed quotations and proposals that fully meet client expectations, as well as minimizing risk to the company. Follow Company procedures for quotation review.
- Present regular detailed reports to Management regarding Sales and Marketing activities and success rates.
- Represent the Company at trade shows, conferences, industry meetings and other avenues to initiate sales of the Company’s products.
- Analyze competitor activities and provide feedback into marketing strategies and product development.
Required skills/experience include:
- Proven track record of selling complex core enterprise applications, ideally with a SaaS approach and into an insurance industry vertical (ideally General Insurance).
- A high level of energy and commitment, proven ability to create and close opportunities within a defined territory
- Interest and desire to learn about new business areas – the business of general insurers, such that they can engage in cogent face to face discussions with business leaders
- Track record in both winning new name business and managing existing accounts. The role is 70% new business, 30% add-on sales
- working with long (up to 3 years sometimes) and complex sales cycles with multiple decision makers
- Proven ability to tie client business needs / plans to the solution proposed in a compelling manner
- Be able to demonstrate a proactive nature, somebody who makes things happen – reluctant to take “no” for an answer
- Somebody who thinks through the situation draws up a series of potential actions and then executes the best option
- Somebody who knows how to sell the “Value” of our solutions and support the fact that the customer must evaluate his business benefits against any implementation cost estimate
- Understand the impact, benefits, and cost structure to the customer of large core solution projects.
- Understand enterprise technology and the key challenges facing CIOs / CTOs at client firms
- Able to strike the right level of persistence at differing levels throughout a prospective client organization
- Fit in comfortably into a team environment, the multi-faceted nature of the opportunities requires strong teamwork and collegiality in decision making
- An ability to quickly become an autonomous leader in the territory he will manage, well recognized as such by customers, partners, and his peers
- Experience of working with strategic partners and system integrator
- Ability to analyze market trends and business data to identify new market potential
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.