Adventure's around the corner...
Cloud Platform Support Engineer
- DepartmentProduct Development and Operations
- LocationMalaysia - Kuala Lumpur
- Location TypeHybrid
- Function as the primary contact to research, address, and promptly fulfill requests and resolve cases in adherence to team standards, thereby ensuring that we meet and exceed customer satisfaction.
- Document and maintain technical articles, including troubleshooting guides, knowledge base articles, and runbooks, to meet objectives for customer request fulfillment and issue resolution.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on complex issues involving system integration and custom configurations.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of our platform through company-sponsored training and hands-on experience.
- Contribute to an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activities, cross-training, and an unwavering focus on what is best for the customer.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and stakeholders, acting as a trusted advisor and technical point of contact.
Required skills and experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or a related STEM field), or equivalent related experience.
- Proficiency in working with networking protocols and concepts, including TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, and load balancing.
- Familiarity with AWS, Docker, Linux, and Kubernetes. Knowledge of Bash scripts is a plus.
- General familiarity with broad technical skills, such as Object-Oriented Programming (Java, C#, or similar) and relational databases.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts and principles; experience with Jenkins or TeamCity is a plus.
- Proficiency with Linux operating systems and the ability to use Linux command-line tools.
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills; the ability to think critically and demonstrate an aptitude for problem-solving. Preference for experience with a commercial customer incident tracking or CRM system like Salesforce.com.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking fluent English. Bonus points if you can also communicate in another language, such as French or German.
- We provide 24x7 support, and while the majority of our shifts are scheduled from Monday through Friday during daytime hours, we rotate shifts monthly. This means there will be some evening and weekend shifts included to cover after-hours production emergencies.
Personal Qualities and Soft Skills:
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Display a strong work ethic and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a diverse audience.
- Demonstrate strong follow-through and consistently keep commitments to customers and employees.
- Competitive market salary.
- Fully funded medical and dental insurance for you and your family.
- Annual Wellness Reimbursement.
- Hybrid work perk
- 20 annual leave days.
- 16 weeks of maternity and paternity leave.
- 3 paid days for volunteering in the community.
- and wide range of other additional benefits
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 540+ insurers in 40 countries, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.