Adventure's around the corner...
2024 Machine Learning Engineer Summer Intern
- DepartmentStudents & Graduates
- LocationUnited States - San Mateo, CA
- Location TypeHybrid
What will I be doing?
- Guidewire is offering a 3-month internship in the Guidewire Analytics team. The internship is designed to give an opportunity to work in a real-world business environment, and to take responsibility for a specific data project that has the potential to provide real value to our customers.
- Our teams tackle a wide variety of interesting problems in the Property & Casualty insurance industry. On this team you will be exposed to a wide variety of problems and projects including the following:
- Explore ways to enhance our data science on modeling processes by exploring novel techniques the creation of models that help with our classification and computational problems
- Expand our internet-scale data listening capabilities by implementing new data sources or extending core API functionality
- Contribute to our efforts to build out our MLOps capabilities and enhance our ability to accelerate ML development and deliver reproducible, testable, and rapidly evolving capabilities to customers
- You will be mentored by experienced data scientists and modelers and exposed to advanced ML techniques and approaches. You will have the opportunity to learn more about the exciting world of Cybersecurity and Cyber Risk quantification. You will be writing Python code, wrangling data from a range of sources and building models.
- Currently pursuing (or just finished) bachelor's or Master's (graduating in 2024-2025; Master's preferred) studies in a Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field.
- Demonstrate knowledge of:
- Python coding, in particular, data manipulation
- Ability to work independently on a project and as part of a team.
- Define, model, and solve real-world, ambitious, insurance problems using various data-driven approaches
- Design and implement tools and frameworks to be used across various machine learning and data science teams
- A strong desire to help build components of our Machine Learning platform that will be used by internal and external Guidewire customers.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Operational knowledge of Git, Docker, Linux.Strong understanding of various Transformer model architectures (decoder only, Encoder-Decoder, Encoder Only).
- Ability to discuss trade-offs and perform independent research
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS services such as EC2, EMR, S3, SageMaker, EKS.
Other types of things that we like to cultivate:
- Curiosity based on genuine love of technology and analytics
- Accountability based on an earnest desire to do what is expected without prompting
- Kindness and respect for your fellow teammates
Salary InformationSalary Range: $40 - $40 per hour
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.