Guidewire Software is looking for a People and Culture Manager to join our growing People team (Human Resources) in a newly created role in Kuala Lumpur. This role will continue to evolve and change as the company grows and as the People team changes along with it to meet the business needs.
At Guidewire we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. We are looking for someone who will thrive in a dynamic and changing environment, who can have fun while getting a lot of great work done. If this sounds like a good fit for you, come join us.
What You Will Do
Partner with leaders to establish plans and deliver solutions in order to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver results. This includes developing a people strategy that is focused on organizational effectiveness, talent attraction, employee engagement, and overall business performance.
• Champion company culture and values while partnering with our management to help them build and develop the organization.
• Serve as the Primary HR Leader, responsible for managing and delivering the day-to-day operations of HR duties and tasks, supporting the implementation of local HR initiatives and systems.
• Guide regional and global People team on local HR related subject matters, including government policies, industry practices and company trends.
• Coach local leadership and business leaders to drive change and deploy effective change management strategies such as Culture initiatives; monitor the effectiveness of the change initiatives, take appropriate actions and provide feedback.
• Partner with Global Mobility Leader in mobility management, work pass application and renewals for foreign hires, assignees of member firms
Culture and Engagement
• Work closely with the Head of Diversity and Culture, to develop and execute employee engagement, culture and Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives in support of Guidewire’s People strategy
• In Partnership with the Leadership team, lead efforts to build employee morale, improve engagement and workplace relationships, and boost productivity and retention.
• Ensure coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program to generate a positive first impression for employees and emphasize the importance of belonging in our company culture.
• Engage in planning and execution of internal events (live & virtual) to facilitate learning and growth for our people and give visibility to our colleagues’ and collective achievements.
• Analyze data and explore insights collected through our employee engagement survey and other feedback channels to facilitate interventions aimed at strengthening Guidewire purpose-led culture and the employee experience.
• Define and implement strategies to attract, hire and retain top talent across the organization with a focus on building a diverse and inclusive team in Partnership with the Guidewire Talent Team
• Understand the talent agenda, facilitate change, and execute innovative HR programs, as well as successfully adopt Guidewire’s regional, area and global projects and initiatives.
• Coordinate and support global Talent Branding team to implement Employer Branding initiatives locally.
• Work with Early Talent Program team to carry out campus outreach, internship initiative and graduate program locally.
• Serve as a liaison to the Recruitment team and local Leadership team with local market knowledge/input.
Our Ideal Candidate
• 8-10 years’ professional HR experience in international dynamic environment
• Previous People and Culture experience supporting leaders, preferably in a regional or global organization locally.
• Knowledgeable on local HR subject matters including regulatory and industry matters.
• Ability to collaborate and proactively partner with teams across the globe.
• Ability to influence and interact across all levels of management.
• Demonstrable track record on execution of company culture and employee engagement initiatives
• Proven experience in carrying out talent attraction and branding programs.
• Solid understanding of how HR adds value to the business, supporting line managers with HR related matters.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and good analytical skills
• Ability to work independently and come up with creative solutions.
• Agile methodology or project management training is preferred but not essential.
*This is a single contributor position
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.