Adventure's around the corner...
Staff Accountant- Mississauga, Canada
- Department Finance
- Location Canada - Mississauga, ON
- Location Type Hybrid
What You'll Be Doing
- Perform daily activities related to the day-to-day cash operations, including Intercompany settlements
- Perform general ledger functions including cash reconciliation, fixed assets, various accruals, and reconciliations between various systems
- Execute monthly accounting close activities, including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and account flux analysis specific to your areas
- Partner with the Treasury, Payroll, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable teams to ensure fund transfers and payments are recorded properly
- Assist and ensure accounting systems scaling and ensuring all systems are being used to their full functionality
- Support SEC team with preparation of schedules along with other analysis as needed.
- Assist management on audit request and responses to inquiries from internal and external auditors
- Work on ad-hoc with the Accounting Manager and Assistant Controller on an as needed basis
You Should Have
- BS or BA in Accounting or related field
- 2-5 years of combined operational and technical accounting experience in the software industry
- CPA preferred
- Strong experience and knowledge in US GAAP and SOX internal controls
- Experience with Oracle Fusion/Blackline a plus
- Excellent organizational and verbal / written communication skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, solve complicated problems, motivated to implement improvements, to inspire change while staying within the company’s culture being collaborative and inclusive
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 450 insurers, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to boast about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.