Adventure's around the corner...
Junior/Entry Level Technical Support Engineer (Java ,SQL) - Remote, USA
- Department Customer and Cloud Operations
- Location United States - Remote
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Case Resolution
- Research, respond to and accurately resolve cases of moderate complexity, in a timely manner and in accordance with the First Responders Team standards
- Function as primary customer contact for all assigned support cases, meeting Guidewire’s contractual and internal goals for initial response and subsequent customer communication
- Provide expert solutions to customer problems to ensure customer satisfaction
- Write thorough and detailed case documentation to meet objectives for Case Quality and Customer Satisfaction scores
- Proactively take ownership and responsibility for support cases where and when required
- Collaborate with Application Engineers on more complex issues involving system integration and custom configurations
- Contribute to the development of internal tools that can be used during triage and issue restorations
- Escalate customer issues to the Support Manager as appropriate
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of support
- Participate in after-hours and weekend support as needed
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of Guidewire’s products
- Contribute to an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross training and an absolute focus on doing what is best for the customer
- Create knowledgebase articles and other informational documents to be shared with customers and teammates
- Play a lead role in the continued improvement of Guidewire’s operational processes
- Previous Knowledge Centered Service (KCS) experience a plus
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle, Agile preferred
- 2+ years’ experience working directly with customers or key internal stakeholders; preference for experience in customer support for a B2B software company
- Experience troubleshooting software code and reporting progress; preference for experience with a commercial customer incident tracking or CRM system such as Salesforce.com
- Experience using a software defect tracking system such as JIRA preferred
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Object-Oriented programming (Java, C#, or similar), relational databases (data modeling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, and application architecture.
- Ability to read and interpret application server thread dumps, Oracle AWR reports, and other log files
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills; ability to think critically and display an aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to prioritize work effort based on a dynamic work environment
- Employ sound business judgment when making business decisions
- Use creative and innovative ways to solve problems
- Display a strong work ethic and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Demonstrate strong follow-through and consistently keep commitments to customers and employees
- Display an understanding of the customer’s needs and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ensure that each and every customer is handled with a consummately professional attitude and the highest possible level of service
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- You will score bonus points if you can also read, write, and speak another language such as French or German
- You will be part of a team that works together at one of our company offices
- We provide 24x7 support to our customers and while the majority of our shift are Monday through Friday during daytime hours, we rotate shifts monthly so there will be some evening and weekend shifts included in order to cover after-hours production emergencies.
- Travel – Expect occasional travel (less than 5%) to other Guidewire offices for training and meetings
What’s In It for You?
- You’ll be working with the best. Guidewire team members are smart, talented, team oriented, and put their hearts into their job every day.
- You’ll be learning something new day one, and it doesn’t stop there. You will be encouraged to continually learn and grow your technical, interpersonal, and customer skills and apply them in an agile environment.
- You’ll have the opportunity to solve really challenging problems for customers who love Guidewire and our products.
- You’ll have a stake in the company with our Long-Term Incentive programs.
- You’ll have a chance to develop your career within or outside of Customer & Cloud Operations.
Our employee culture…
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.