Guidewire's Delivery Services is looking for a proactive and results-oriented Project Manager to join the Guidewire Services Center (GSC) in Kuala Lumpur.
Our Kuala Lumpur center was established to meet growing global customer demand for expertise in implementing Guidewire software products, currently being used by customers who are household names globally.
As a Project Manager, you will be working on implementation and transformation projects involving Guidewire core applications, including leading an Agile (IT) team, multiple partners, and collaborating with customer business and technical staff. Depending on the project delivery requirements, you may be managing multiple projects concurrently or working with a pod of consultants co-located in multiple geographies, managing their backlog and coordinating with internal or external partners to plan and complete the backlog of work.
· Manage the project lifecycle of multiple projects simultaneously from start to completion.
· Lead Guidewire project team in an Agile environment, leading Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Daily
Scrums and Retrospectives.
· Lead meetings and coach the team to follow Guidewire methodology for the projects.
· Facilitate meetings, including identification of action items and follow up.
· Manage scope, time, budget, goals, schedules, and strategy of projects.
· Communicate status to management verbally and/or written.
· Facilitate project governance and escalation process interactions between partners.
· Identify, analyze, and prioritize project risks, and develop response plans.
· Manage partners proactively to offset scope creep and maintain integrity of projects/releases.
· Maintain positive implementation experience for customers.
· Manage implementation partners, tracking financials and costs.
· Utilize software such as Jira, Rally, SharePoint, Confluence and Microsoft Project Plan.
Required Skills / Experience
· 3+ years Project Management experience on sophisticated, enterprise-level software
· Self-starter. Can take on assignments, driving through contacting the appropriate parties to get them done
and escalate when progress is impeded.
· Strong leadership skills; demonstrated ability to lead a team with effective decision making.
· Follows Agile, Lean, Six Sigma or other project management methodologies to ensure complete, documented
deliverables, controls, issue resolution, risk mitigation, etc.
· Proficient in resource management; experienced working with onshore and offshore resources across
· Demonstrated skill in working with implementation partners, and leading multi-functional projects including
software package implementations and information architecture.
· Very strong communication skills (listening, written and verbal).
· Excellent negotiation skills.
· Ability to get up to speed quickly in new situations.
· Ability to function successfully within fast paced, complex projects.
· Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization in both business and IT areas.
· Technical knowledge of Java enterprise projects and assumes excellent usage level of Microsoft applications
· PMP, Prince2 or equivalent qualification.
· Degree in related information technology or business background.
Nice to Have
P&C or other insurance experience.
Vendor management experience.
Excellent facilitation skills.
Scrum Master Certification.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.